Part 5 > Section 13 > Chapter 58. PROTECTION OF LABOR RIGHTS OF EMPLOYEES BY TRADE UNIONS
ARTICLE 370. The right of trade unions to supervise over the observance of the Labor Code and other legal acts, containing labor regulations
Trade unions have the right to supervise over the observance [one] of the Labor Code and other legal acts, containing [two] labor regulations by employers and their representatives.
In a week [three] after being charged with the directive to eliminate [four] infringements disclosed, employers must inform the respective [five] trade union body of the results and measures taken.
For [six] the purpose of implementation of the supervision over the observance of the Labor Code [seven] and other legal acts, containing labor regulations, [eight] the all-Russian trade unions and their associations can [nine] establish legal and technical trade union labor [ten] inspections, authorized according to the provisions, approved by the all-Russian [one] trade unions and their associations.
Interregional, as well as territorial [two] alliance (association) of trade union organizations, acting [three] on the territory of a subject of the Russian Federation, can establish [four] legal and technical trade union labor inspections, [five] effective on the provisions, approved in accordance with the provisions [six] of the typical charter of the respective all-Russian trade union [seven] association.
Trade union labor inspectors, according [eight] to the procedures set, have the right to visit unhindered [nine] organizations, in which members of a given trade union [ten] or trade unions, forming part of an association, are [one] employed, with the purpose of inspecting the observance of the Labor [two] Code and other legal acts, containing labor [three] regulations, as well as compliance with the provisions of collective [four] contract, agreement.
Trade union labor inspectors, persons, [five] authorized to protect trade union labor conditions [six] (trustees) have the right to:
• supervise over the observance [seven] of the Labor Code and other legal acts, containing [eight] labor regulations by employers;
• carry out independent [nine] expertise of work conditions and labor safety regulations [ten] provision;
• participate in investigation procedures of industrial [one] accidents and professional diseases; obtain information from the heads [two] and other officials of organizations, referring to the state of work [three] conditions and labor protection, as well as to all industrial [four] accidents and professional diseases;
• protect rights [five] and interests of the members of the trade union in respect of compensation [six] for employee's health damages, brought at work ; [seven]
• charge employers with the directives to stop [eight] works in cases of immediate threat for the life and health [nine] of employees;
• present employers with notations, [ten] pertaining to elimination of infringements of laws and other legal [one] acts, containing labor regulations, binding in their [two] action;
• check the state of work conditions [three] and labor protection, as well as employer's fulfillment of provisions [four] of collective contracts and agreements;
• participate as independent [five] experts in the work of commissions, testing and approving the exploitation [six] of industrial objects and production facilities;
• participate [seven] in the procedures of resolution of labor disputes , connected [eight] with the infringement of labor protection laws, conditions, [nine] provided by collective contracts and agreements, as well as with [ten] the alternation of work conditions;
• participate in the development [one] of laws and other legal acts, containing labor [two] regulations;
• participate in the development of drafts of labor [three] protective bylaws and coordinate them according to the procedure, [four] set by the government of the Russian Federation;
• petition [five] respective bodies with charges referring to persons, [six] guilty of infringement of laws and other legal acts, [seven] containing labor regulations and of concealment of industrial accidents. [eight]
Trade unions and their labor inspections, in the course [nine] of fulfillment of the said duties cooperate with the state [ten] bodies of supervision and control over the observance of laws and other [one] legal acts, containing labor regulations.
Persons, [two] authorized to protect trade union labor conditions [three] (trustees) have the right to inspect the observance of labor [four] protection regulations unhindered and present employers with [five] notations, pertaining to elimination of infringements of labor protection [six] regulations, binding in their action.
Thus it appears, in what various ways Nature has taught man her first great lesson of love and union.
Nor did she give the same talents either in kind or in degree to all, evidently meaning that the inequality of her gifts should be ultimately equalized by a reciprocal interchange of good offices and mutual assistance.
Thus, in different countries, she has caused different commodities to be produced, that expediency itself might introduce commercial intercourse.
The Complaint of Peace